Awareness, promotion, and prevention
mHub offers tailored intervention packages that assist employees to 1) effectively manage personal problems which adversely affect their health, wellbeing, and work performance; and 2) improve life aspects such as physical and mental health, resilience, and work-life balance.
Over the last few years we have seen the escalating challenges posed by stress to staff wellbeing, productivity, and teamwork. mHub’s stress prevention and management workshop series support staff by focusing on the core skills and competencies.
A key to our success lies in our practical, interactive, and engaging interventions and activities that promote individual mental wellbeing, encourage and support prevention, and give teams/colleagues a shared context and motivation to connect as peers.
At least every fifth employee is likely to experience a serious mental health challenge in any 12-month period. Especially common are anxiety and depression. In such a case, it is essential that these employees have easy access to fully confidential and user friendly treatment at no personal cost.
At mHub, we provide effective evidence-based coaching, counseling, and therapy. Our providers are some of the most qualified local mental health professionals, and they receive constant training and mentorship by our highly experienced international clinical supervisors. Coaching is available via messaging; counseling and therapy are available either face-to-face or via video or audio call. Our digital platform ensures easy and confidential online scheduling.
Creating a wellbeing culture at work
Workplaces are ideal settings to create a culture of health and wellbeing. Why? People spend more time working than pursuing any other activity apart from sleeping. A happy, engaged employee is a productive employee. The future of work depends on healthy, focused employees.
mHub collaborates with organizations to build a workplace wellbeing culture by way of a holistic approach including the following key interventions/intiatives:
- mHub recommends an annual wellbeing audit to assess psychosocial risk factors at the workplace and evaluate ways to help manage risks and improve organizational wellbeing.
- Leadership is vital to create a positive employee experience. Managers who display empathy, active listening, and effective communication can better motivate and meet the needs of their teams. mHub’s dedicated trainings for managers and executives focus on creating a wellbeing culture at work, enhancing emotional intelligence, and establishing effective communication.
- Team-building activities designed to foster better teamwork, improved interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills create a harmonious and effective work environment while prioritizing the wellbeing of a team. It helps to increase interconnectedness among colleagues, gives them opportunities to discover their individual strengths and weaknesses, and offers open and safe spaces to reflect on their shared challenges and find solutions together.
- All mHub clients receive the added value of official mHub certification. They may use the mHub Seal for Workplace Mental Health which recognizes employers who are committed to creating and sustaining mentally healthy workplaces.
Everything in one easy-to-use online platform
mHub’s online platform is based on Microsoft Teams.
Whether or not you already use Teams in your organization, you, your leadership team, and your employees can receive immediate and easy-to-use access to all of our services via a browser or the Teams app.
Unless you prefer a different set-up, we will create your personal and confidential Teams portal and develop all the desirable channels for you and your employees. And of course we’ll provide a launch training and desirable customer and tech support.
First Aid for Employee Mental Health training (our flagship training)
mHub’s flagship training is First Aid for Employee Mental Health. The purpose of this training is to increase the amount and type of support provided to people in need. It is designed for all people and organizations that make up a community — and we believe that a workplace meets the definition of a community. Many leaders, managers and human resources professionals are under-informed about mental health issues. For the wellbeing of the community and the resilience of their businesses, leaders should be equipped with the knowledge and competencies essential to provide immediate assistance and care to someone experiencing a mental health problem in a way that empowers the individual, promotes recovery, prevents the condition from getting worse, and preserves life.
This highly interactive and practical training is for anyone who is looking to raise their level of awareness and support around mental health. Embedded in our training are two critical pillars to ensure sustainable impact from mental health first aiders in Africa over the long-term: self-care and destigmatization. We understand that mental wellbeing support is a resource and that one cannot share with others a resource that you lack yourself. mHub’s First Aid for Mental Health training empowers participants to take good self-care. Secondly, we know that mental health is crucial to the overall wellbeing of individuals, societies, and countries. Hence, we encourage aiders to actively help to decrease mental illness stigmatization, thus breaking down barriers that prevent people in need from getting support to thrive in their lives.
Stress Management workshop series
Stress management training supports working adults to better cope with everyday stress in the workplace and at home. Our training is designed to prevent existing wellbeing problems from getting worse, including preventing burnout. The interactive workshops can help your employees and managers deal with changes and challenges in healthier ways, through practicing self-care tools and learning stress management skills and competencies. The workshops series typically include the following sessions:
- Coping with depression, anxiety, trauma and chronic stress
- Stress management to prevent burnout
- Healthy work-life balance to prevent burnout
- Cultivating mental and emotional resilience
Specific training goals and learning outcomes in this workshop series include the following:
- To promote the motivation for health-conscious behavior and self-care practices;
- To acquire strategies to cope with psychological tension; and
- To promote the ability to manage stress at the workplace.